**Due to COVID-19, the dinning room is accessed directly via external French doors.**
Kevan, is your host and chef. Many guests eulogise over his wonderful traditional (and now probably infamous!) English Breakfasts, including the usual fruits, juices, cereals and truly delicious hot platters of locally produced fare including fresh free-range eggs from our own Black Rock and Speckledy hens.
Almost uniquely in this area evening meals are also available. Even more unique – we offer our own home sourced, venison, pheasant, duck, rabbit, pigeon accompanied by fruits, berries and herbs, either from hedgerows, or our vegetable garden. We also rustle up home-made bread, soups and delicious sweets. You may select from the dinner menu (see link on left,) or make special and seasonal requests. Dinner is served with a glass of wine or a soft drink and rounded off with coffee.
Alternatively if you prefer eating out at lunchtime and don?t want to travel in the evenings a light supper menu is available too. Just ask, we are happy to meet your requirements!
See tariff page for prices.
- Avocado salad
- Seafood cocktail
- Home made cream of onion soup
- Pheasant breast with blackcurrant & port sauce
- Trout in dill and lemon butter
- Venison casserole (cooked in mollasses and stout)
- Wild duck breasts served with brie and redcurrant sauce
- Main ingredients of the above are all homegrown
- Vegetable lasagne (vegetarian option)
- All the above dishes are served with locally produced and garden vegetables
- Brandy snaps
- Ginger cheese cake
- Pavlova puffs
- Apple flake surprise
- Dinner is served with a glass of wine or fruit juice; and followed by coffee
Two courses from £22.50;
Three courses from £25.00.
We ask couples to select the same menu. If none of the above dishes appeal – and you have a favourite dish, then please ask when booking, our specialist chefs will do their very best to provide you with a dining experience you won’t forget!
- Supper alternatives
- Welsh rabbit
- Home made soup & home made fresh bread
- Fresh drop scones and home made jams
- Selection of cheeses, fresh bread and biscuits
- Pizza, sausages and other goodies for children
- Served with Cake or fresh fruit
- and Tea, coffee or fruit juice